Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Swim Meet

Today in P.E class, we had a swim meet. As I got changed and got out, Mr.Shuwartz told us a little about the swim meet, like how there are 3 diffrent teams, order of the activities, how to get disqualified and all that good stuff. Anyway, as I walked on the sunbaked floor to the signing board, my team decided that our name was barracudas. The others were sharks and dolphins. I chose 25m backstroke, 25m breaststroke, and 15m backstroke. The first one was freestyle. Of course, because Bjorn was the best swimmer in our class, he got 1st place without even breaking a sweat. The next activity was 15m backstroke. I was in there, along with other people. When we started, I pushed myself off the wall and did my best. Now, this is pretty much the 4th or 5th time doing backstroke including the lessons I had in swimming classes. I got 4th place out of 6. After that, breaststroke was next. I felt nervous because I've hardly dived before, and the others were really experienced at swimming. When Mr.Shuwartz said go, I hesitated and eventually got in the water with a bellyflop, which hurt badly. Not only that, my goggles nearly fell out and was blocking my whole vision. It was pretty obvious I would get last place, and I did. I'm not mentioning about the 25m backstroke because I'm outta journal time.

No comments: