Monday, September 7, 2009

Pretties


I have finished reading Uglies, and Pretties (YEAH! FINALLY). Now I guess I'll have to read Specials, which is the next book of Pretties. Now here I will write a couple of sentences about Pretties, but not Uglies because I've already written a whole blog entry about it in august.

Pretties is the next book of Uglies. It is exciting, but I still think that Uglies was more awesome and thirilling. Anyway, in the book, there is Tally Youngblood who just turned into a pretty. But there is a problem. Every Uglies that have surgery to become Pretties, they all have a tiny lesions in their brain; which means not only the looks that changes, the mind also gets changed. Now that she has realized this, she is going to the New Smoke to inform other people and look for a cure.

My best part of this book was when Tally and her friends jumped off the hot-air balloon to escape from the New Pretty Town and go to the New Smoke. They didn't have any bungee jackets, and the crash bracelets coudn't kick in because of the depth of the water below them. When her friends all jump, she hesitated because of her best-friends-for-life Peris, because he didn't want to go with them. But she came to a decision that she had to leave him behind and go. When she jumped down, she was startled because she was already very far away from the shore, and the water's depth was very deep after the flooding that happened last night. But luckily, she survived and made her way to her friends without a hoverboard, which meant she had to walk barefoot.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Nice job on this. Since I've not read the books, I appreciated the knowledge about the lesions on the brain also coming with the upgrade in looks.

I can understand the conflict in the best part...to jump or not to jump.

I'm hoping for a cure here, but I wonder if that can happen?

Michael said...

Any chance on entering the edit mode and getting an author's name under the title, then a ***** rating on the book?

Yong Hee Lee said...

oh yea since this much time i've forgotten about them